The Pen & Link Project touches on the lost art of cursive, small talk, and snail mail and is a fun way to make a link with members of your community and beyond. You can share your perspective, local history and forge a bond across generations and geography. The design is both fun and informational, providing writing prompts, fun facts, and plenty of space to inspire creativity and promote sharing.
How the Pen & Link Box works:
- Sign up your class, community organization, or group to participate. We are accepting participants in groups of 15, 20, 25, or 30. You can select when you want to get started and what type of group you want to be matched with!
- Once we receive payment, we will find your match. It could be a senior community, a group of service members, an elementary school class, a Boy/Girl Scout troop or more.
- When it’s time to get started, your group will receive their “Pen & Link Box,” filled with all the supplies you’ll need to grab a pen and forge a link!
- Coordinators can then reach out to their match to touch base and decide how to run the project (which group writes first, how to match up names ahead of time, etc).
- To begin, participants write and decorate their notes, sealing them shut with the provided stickers. You then gather all the notes, pop them all into the included envelope, add the provided label and send it on its way to their match. All you need to add is the postage. Then wait to receive your reply!
Only want one set?
Interested in going solo? We can provide a full set of all 8 Northeast USA designs (perfect for gift giving!) or give you a set of 4 plus a match with someone else looking for a pen pal. We will have them posted in our shop when available.
DISCLAIMER: We do not screen any of our participants. Pen pals are intrinsically strangers, so please use common sense when exchanging information.